Aquatic Physical Therapy
Are you in the need for aquatic physical therapy? Contact Advanced Rehabilitation. Experience the difference Advanced Rehabilitation has to offer. With the area’s best aquatic therapy, see why patients choose us for all their rehabilitation needs. At Advanced Rehabilitation, we implement a functional based philosophy, utilizing evidence-based treatments and techniques focused on each individual patient’s needs and goals. The 94-degree aquatic pool at Advanced Rehabilitation is a 15×15 “endless” pool providing a larger more comfortable treatment area. Outfitted with continuous currents providing increased resistance and an underwater treadmill allowing earlier weight bearing, the pool at advanced rehabilitation offers features that other clinics do not. We offer separate male and female changing rooms and showers for patient privacy. An ADA approved, handicap accessible lift allows for easy and safe access for those who need assistance.
Benefits of Aquatic Physical Therapy
The 94-degree pool at Advanced Rehabilitation and its massaging effects allow muscles to relax while helping to reduce pain. The natural buoyancy reduces gravitational pull and lessens compressive forces, hence making exercises much easier to perform than on land. Water has been, and still remains, the best environment to achieve full function regardless of the injury. Water improves motion and flexibility as well these additional benefits.
- Warm water facilitates muscle relaxation and increases peripheral circulation.
- Viscosity of water provides resistance for strength training.
- Warm water stimulates body awareness, balance, and trunk stability.
- The reduction of gravitational forces in the pool allows the patient to stand and begin gait training and strengthening exercises without causing further damage to healing structures.
- Warm water and buoyancy results in decreased pain sensitivity.
- Improvement of patient morale and confidence can be established by providing a positive medium in which to function.
If you have questions of about aquatic physical therapy, contact Advanced Rehabilitation today. One of our knowledgeable staff members would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.