Functional Capacity Test-Advanced Rehabilitation
A Functional Capacity Test or also known as a Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE), documents a client’s current ability to perform work from a medical, behavioral, and physical perspective. The FCE is flexible enough to meet the needs of a wide variety of patient populations. The test will help to measure work readiness and provide baseline information for successful rehabilitation, as well as safe guidelines leading to attainment of gainful employment. The FCE will therefore be an important asset in formulation of realistic work goals. It is often times an essential tool that will provide documentation required to resolve disability issues.
Benefits of a Functional Capacity Test
There are many benefits of a Functional Capacity Test for each individual involved.
- For the client, it identifies safe working limits, accelerates the return to work process, and improves the chance of successful rehabilitation.
- For the physician, it assists with evaluation of medical impairments, provides a baseline for successful rehabilitation, and establishes safe physical demands for the return to work.
- For the compensation carrier, it validates the injury, helps to document data for disability settlement, and helps to resolve one’s case.
- For the employer, it provides faster return to work, and gives data regarding solutions and job modifications.
- For the attorney, it gives objective data for establishment of functional status.
Overall, the Functional Capacity Evaluation includes multiple tests that focus on strength, flexibility, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, and manipulatory tasks.
Contact Advanced Rehabilitation
If you are in need of a Functional Capacity Test, contact Advanced Rehabilitation. Our staff has the education and training required to handle the complex and dynamic interactions between the person, the environment, and the occupation. We have licensed physical therapists who have completed a certification course in FCE administration. Our test is a 3 hour process and we also offer a 48 hour turnaround. If you have any questions feel free to contact us or visit our website for more details.